Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Joys of Potty Training


The boy has been in some stage of potty training since we got him his own little potty at 15 months. Fast forward to 27 months and we are still working on it. I think that if I were a stay at home mom, we would be finished with any form of training pants. That's my excuse anyway. The Boy does so well most days, then we have days like yesterday when no amount of coaxing or bribing can get him to use the potty. The problems begin at day care. I guess when you have 11 kids in a room with 2-3 teachers it can be hard to make sure everyone gets to the potty before they have an accident.


After seeing his note from school yesterday , I was just frustrated. After his first accident, the teachers put him in pull-ups. From then on, he was wet every time he went to the bathroom. Of course, my first reaction was that they were taking the easy way out. Then, I had my own experience with his stubbornness after dinner. As we were making our way out the door to go to the park, we made a stop at the bathroom. The boy had no desire to go, park or no park. He pulled his pants down and then plopped down on the floor without any attempt to pee (see picture above). So, being a good mom, I just left him there for a while. He finally peed and off to the park we went. I can't imagine where his stubbornness comes from....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I showed the photo to Mom. She says that is the most difficult thing she ever had to teach us. She laughed recalling trying to potty train Jim...He refused "to go" on a road trip, saying something was wrong with the bathroom. Mom asked him what- his reply was there was not bathtub!

Hang in there Jess, he'll get it when he is ready!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google