Monday, June 4, 2007

Back to the Grind

Do you ever wonder why time off from work goes by so much faster than time spent at work? I was lucky enough to have a full week of vacation last week and now I am back 8-5ing it. I am so sad about it. I loved being at home with my boys. Husband took the week off too and that made it extra nice. The great thing about our vacation was that we did absolutely nothing. We relaxed, took naps, shopped and played with the Boy.

Our big adventure was a trip to the Cincinnati Zoo. We try to get up there once a year. The Cincy Zoo has more animals and activities. The Boy calls it the Big Zoo. I can honestly say that I had more fun with the Boys at the zoo than I think I would have had anywhere else. The Boy has graduated from the stroller to a wagon. Big Fun for everyone involved. We took our time, looked at everything...had a picnic lunch. We spend a lot of time at the Louisville Zoo. We go at least once a week in the summer, so I didn't expect the Boy to be so excited about the Cincy zoo, but he was in awe and full of excitement the whole day. It is days like that that help me remember it is not about what you get your kids or how much time you spend with them, but about the memories you make with the time you do get to spend with them. The memories we made last week are what being a parent is all about for me.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google