Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Call Me Mommy!

At what age do you think kids drop momma or mommy and make it MOM? For my wonder child, the age is 2 1/2 exactly (the Boy will be 2 yrs 6 months this Friday!). What is the deal? I thought kids were supposed to call you mommy through the elementary school years.

I can't pinpoint when it starting happening exactly, but The Boy has been calling me Mom for about a week now. I keep correcting him. The Husband thinks it is a lost cause. He say The Boy will call me whatever he wants to call me. But, I keep trying to reinforce Momma or Mommy as much as I can. This morning, I heard the Boy say Dad instead of Daddy. Husband says he doesn't care, I think he should. It is like a little innocence is gone when you lose the Y sound. I don't like it.

Now, I am bracing myself for the drawn out M-OM (ma-ohm)when he doesn't like what I have said or done. Can't my little boy stay a little boy a little bit longer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Jess. We kids lose that mommmy thing but we eventually get it back. A couple years ago my friends and I started saying mommy or daddy. You go through phases. Especially when your 16 and no one needs to hear you say mommy...it'll be fine.

Jesseca

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google