Thursday, July 5, 2007

A Independence Day Celebration

Yesterday was July 4th, I love summer holidays. And, although it rained yesterday, it still seemed like the perfect day. Our family had the pleasure of being invited to a little get together down the road. This house we went to is one The Husband and I have been going to since before marriage. I have been going there for even longer than that. We have lots of memories that revolve around this house...good food, good friends, laughs and tears. I know I am making it sound like it is the house that causes all this, but in reality it is the people. Our friends who are now, I think, a part of our family.

Our small circle of college friends became adults together. It is nice to go somewhere and to be able to see most everyone who is a part of that circle. The most enlightening thing is that most of us have kids now. We are watching and helping each other as our children grow up together. We have seen each other go through life changes, disappointments and celebrations. It gives me such a feeling of happiness and contentment when I spent time with these friends. Our children get to see what good friendship should be like. I know that no matter what happens we will always be there for each other. I like that feeling.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google