Monday, September 17, 2007

Ramblings of the Mind

I must warn all readers that today will be a total and complete brain dump of thoughts, so proceed with caution.

I had a fantastic weekend. I love fall. This is the time of year in our little city where the leaves start changing and the temperature is supposed to hover around 68 degrees. It is perfect. Saturday was the perfect fall day. The weekend was amazing and relaxing and full of love.

The neighborhood next to ours was having a huge yard sale on Saturday. I don't know why, but every time I see the big marquee telling us it is happening, I get excited. I somehow trick myself into thinking that the folks in the neighborhood have gotten better junk over the last year than they had last year. I was wrong. I still don't want to buy the blue stuffed duck to be used as a doorstop or those black boots that look like they were worn for years and years before they made it to the yard sale pile. Does anyone buy used shoes...if you do, I don't get it. Why would you want to purchase something that had someone else's stinky feet in them? You don't even know if they wore socks with those shoes every time or if they went commando and feet sweat accumulated in the spongy sole. YUCK! Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

The Boy accompanied us on our garage sale outing. He spent a good majority of the time asking why we were walking so much. He didn't understand the concept until I bought him some old Golden Books, then he wanted to stop at every yard sale site. I cannot believe that The Boy is old enough to have conversations about things like the benefits of going to a yard sale. I was talking to a friend of mine today who has a 3 month old about how quickly time flies by once you have kids. I can honestly say that my life didn't get going until The Boy came along. Things really mean so much more to me now. The Boy and I spent 1/2 hour on Sunday painting on the windows of our patio door. We had never done that before and he thought it was the coolest thing in the world that I was letting him paint on something he normally wouldn't be allowed to paint. He loved every minute of it and I treasured every minute of it. He told me all about what he was painting and how big it was and why the sun stays in the sky. His little mind is amazing. I often look at him and think WOW, we created that little person. We are molding him and praying for him and hoping he turns out okay. So far so good...people tell us all the time that he has such a good heart already at 2 1/2. I hope that stays. He is sweet and thoughtful, but mischievous and sarcastic (yes, already) all at the same time. A little personality goes a long way I guess, I know I love it.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google