Thursday, October 25, 2007

It's a Screaming Banshee...oh Wait, It's Just The Boy

The Boy likes to change things up when it comes to how he wakes up in the morning. He likes to keep things fresh and exciting. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination, a morning person. The Husband and The Boy both are. I have begun to really enjoy the daily surprise of being roused by the almost 3 year old. This morning was no exception. Five mintues before the alarm was set to go off, The Husband and I hear screaming cries of Momma, Momma, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

We jostle ourselves awake and hear The Boy get out of his bed, pitter patter down the hall and enter our room, still in tears. We, of course thing something is wrong, maybe he's scared or maybe he peed in his bed. (This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, The Boy seems to believe it is the end of the world.)

The Parents: What's wrong buddy?
The Boy: I don't have my gobbity gook (stream of non-understandable preschooler talk).
Momma: What's wrong?
The Boy: I don't have my right sock.
Momma (making sure I understand): You don't have your sock? Okay, come here.
I pick the boy up and put him in bed with us.
The Boy (screaming): I don't need to be here, I need my sock.
Momma: Maybe Daddy will get your sock.
Begrudingly, The Husband gets out of bed to retrieve said sock.
The Boy: It's my right sock, Daddy.

The Husband brings the sock back to our room and puts it on our child's foot. All is right with the world.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google