Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The 12 Days of Christmas






This year, we have started a new tradition for Christmas. I can't say that I thought this idea up myself, I borrowed it from a friend who did it last year. I thought The Boy was a little to young to get into it last year, but decided that even at almost three, he will probably like most of it this year. The concept is a take on the 12 Days of Christmas. Since The Boy's favorite Christmas song this year is that song, it was only fitting that we start this tradition now. Basically, The Husband and I sat down and picked 12 things that are Christmas related for The Boy to do everyday until Christmas. This is what we have done so far....






1. Sing Christmas Carols



2. Write a letter to Santa



3. Make Gingerbread Houses



4. Do something for Someone you don't know



5. Go look at Christmas lights






Other things include making Christmas cookies, watching "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and leaving milk and cookies for Santa. I couldn't be more pleased with The Boy's enthusiasm for this tradition. Last week we painted a Christmas tree and wrote the 12 things on Christmas ornaments made out of construction paper. The ornaments were folded and taped and each day The Boy gets to open one of the ornaments. Since we started, he gets so excited when he realizes it is almost time to open the ornament. We do this every night after dinner. The surprise and wonder of child is a magnificent thing.
The pictures are from gingerbread house making. The look of excitement on his face is priceless.



1 comment:

Theresa said...

He is so darn adorable! Great idea. I need to get an Advent calendar for the kids. I have one in storage, but I can't bring myself to go get everything out of storage this year. The baby is sapping my energy.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google