Friday, May 9, 2008

Sleeping So Sweet

Last night I went out with "The Girls" for our monthly Suppa Club. We opted for Mexican Food last night. Yummy! I love this time with my friends. We get to talk about life, parenting and marriage, and just have some laughs. While last night with the girls was great, I found my return home to be so much sweeter.

I returned to the house around 9:45 PM. The Boy had already been asleep for awhile. As is my ritual, I always check on him when I return to the house or before I go to bed myself. We are in the process of moving The Boy to what was the guest bedroom to make his old room the new nursery. He is very excited about this because the guest bedroom is slightly bigger than his current room and it has TWO closets. More space = more things or more closets = more places to hide from Daddy, either way, he is very excited. Last week, in preparation, we moved a small nightstand into The Boy's room. This gave him a place for a lamp and a place to put books to read while using his lamp. I cannot tell you how excited he was to learn that he could turn the lamp on and off himself anytime he wanted to (within reason).

Back to the story at hand...last night I peeked in on The Boy before going downstairs to spend time with The Husband. His was sleeping soundly, with his Curious George slippers and Cars pjs on, no blanket clutching onto his High Five Highlights magazine (Thanks Beth & Jonathan!). His lamp was turned on next to him. While this picture itself is precious, what makes it even more sweet is what was next to his lamp. His nightstand also has a picture of our little family at the zoo. The Boy had moved the picture as close to his face as he could last night. I can just imagine his little face looking at the picture as he was falling asleep. I had told him when we moved the frame to the nightstand from his dresser that he could look at us anytime he wanted to during the night. I guess he took that to heart. It definitely made me smile and it made me feel loved.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google