Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Horrible Crime

Yesterday the family made one of what I hope is the last runs to Babies R Us for final items for Baby #2. I can say without regret that I have come to loathe this particular baby store. Ugh. I know it often has everything we need, but it makes me cranky every time I am in there. The Husband was checking us out while I took The Boy to ride in the Elmo car strategically placed at the exit of the store. We don't ever put money in the thing, but The Boy has learned that if he listens while we peruse the store, he will get to pretend drive in a vehicle with a character he doesn't even really like that much. It makes him happy I guess. It keeps him in line in the store, so that is a good thing.

We made our way to the Elmo car, The Boy gets in and pretends to drive. At this point, two women come up next to us to wrap a gift at the gift station. This is the conversation they over hear.

The Boy: Momma, we are police officers in the police car. (Notice he didn't say in the Elmo car.)
Momma: Where are we going?
The Boy: We are going to jail.
Momma: Why are we going to jail?
The Boy: To take the bad guy to jail.
Momma: Whose the bad guy?
The Boy: Daddy.
At this point, I am not sure if I want to continue the conversation because I am not sure where it is going, but I proceed anyway.
Momma: What did Daddy do that made him bad enough to go to jail? (This question was asked hesitantly...)
The Boy: He didn't say please.

The entire time, the two women were listening intently. I think they were relieved to hear The Boy say the reason Daddy had to go to jail. I am not sure what to think of one of the woman's comments afterward though. She asked me if I have ever seen the movie "Serial Mom." I told her I hadn't. She then said I must run a tough household if the penalty for not saying please is going to jail and then compared it to the part in this movie I haven't seen where the main character kills a woman for wearing white shoes after Labor Day. I think I should be a little offended, I am not sure yet. But, hey, at least my boys know the penalty for bad manners.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wait till he asks you about sex or his privates in a public place. Luke happens to be very open about himself and informed a little girl friend of his about his penis while they were playing on the playground. She directly ran to her mom and asked if she had one too. Ugh, there is always something coming out of their mouths. I'm planning to post about his most recent statement today.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google