Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sleep Is for the Birds

Man, last night was a rough one. The Husband went out to a game watching party and left me and the kiddos at home. I had no worries because both kids have been going down between 7 and 8 PM. The Girl did a great job going to sleep, but The Boy had some trouble. Finally at 9 the sound of silence was coming from his room.

I kept waiting for The Girl to wake up hungry, but she didn't. Who did wake up? The Boy. One o'clock in the morning and he was awake. His ear was hurting. No fever, but it was clear that he was uncomfortable and because of this he was whiny. Poor thing. The Husband is finally home, thank goodness, because the baby then wakes up. The Husband takes The Boy and I feed The Girl and then she is all talk and smile. Not the least bit sleepy. The Boy still awake. So, we switch off...I take The Boy to our bed and The Husband takes The Girl to rock downstairs. Needless to say, neither one of us got much sleep last night. According to The Husband, The Girl finally feel back asleep at 3 AM. For me, all I got was a night full of kicks to the stomach and boob area. Why can't children sleep with their heads on the pillows when they come to sleep in our beds?

It is now 7:45 AM and The Boy is awake as if his night was uber restful and The Girl is still asleep and I am engorged waiting for her to eat...uncomfortable. I think I might wake her up now and pray they both takes good naps today.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

At least it happened on a weekend!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google