Thursday, November 20, 2008

Who Doesn't Like Will Smith

Now that I am back at work, I take every opportunity given to spend with the kids while we are home together. This has transformed into The Husband, The Boy and me getting dressed in the same room while The Girl hangs out on the bed. She is propped up on a pillow so she can see what is going on in the room around her. I am determined to give her as much of the same attention we gave to The Boy when he was an only child without taking time away from him. I know it is not completely possible, but I am trying.

This morning, the radio show I listen to was taking requests for any and all songs and playing those requests if you donated to their charity. The first request we all heard was "Getting Jiggy With It" by Will Smith. It came on as I was turning toward The Girl. She was smilinig from ear to ear. We then jammed out to it while dancing. She was in heaven. I think we have a dancer on our hands or maybe a rap star...who knows. It made my day a little brighter to see her so happy.

Getting back to life has been an adjustment, but it is going okay so far. I miss my kids, but I am ever thankful for my job that helps provide for our home and the food that nourishes our bodies. And, I am impressed with myself and The Husband when I say that all four of us make it out of the house in an hour and a half in the morning. I think that is an amazing feat. I know that things are going to get more hectic, but I have a tip for myself and all the other moms out there (remembering that all moms are working moms)...take time out to get jiggy with it from time to time. It helps keep you sane.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I LOVE that song! We used to play it for luke when he was 18 months old and just starting to bounce to the music. Some of my favorite times!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google