Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crazy Day #3















I am happy to say that the microwaved salt dough ornaments turned out great. The whole process took about an hour start to finish. The Boy really enjoyed the activity. Advent Day #3 was a little less exciting in my mind. It was just a treat of Hershey kisses. He loved it though. In pocket #3 there were 4 kisses. He handed one to every member of the family making it clear that he got to eat The Girl's for her since she cannot eat candy. The Husband already filled all the candy pockets for the entire month.

After The Boy realized today was a candy day, we had this conversation.

Momma, number 25 has candy in it too.
You aren't supposed to be peaking into the other pockets.
I didn't really, I only looked with one eye.
On a different note, I think my children have their roles reversed. The Girl has been sleeping through the night for about three weeks now. YAY! And I really mean sleeping through the night. She goes down between 6:30 and 7 PM and sleeps until 6 AM. It is wonderful and I am hoping that I didn't just jinx myself by typing that. The Boy goes to bed between 7:30 and 8 PM. I don't think he will ever sleep through the night consistently. He was up about four times last night. He has finally figured out that I don't do well in the middle of the night. He now comes to my side of the bed and asks if he can lay with me for a little while because I am a sucker. The Husband would take him back to his own bed. Instead of taking him back to his bed, I just let him climb in so I can go back to sleep. This is probably the root of the not sleeping through the night issue. Sleep was a little rocky last night as a result. We all got out of bed about 15 minutes later than normal. The Girl had to be changed twice this morning because she kept spitting up on herself...what a crazy start to the day. Despite the lack of sleep, and crazy wardrobe changes, we got out of the house only 5 minutes later than normal. It is a Christmas Month Day #3 miracle.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Congrats on the STTN! Our kids won't leave their beds when they wake up so we don't have to worry about them asking to sleep with us. Plus, even if they did, there's no room!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google