Monday, April 6, 2009

Cookie Monster

Like many working mommas, I live for the weekends. I often feel like my whole being revolves around making the most of the time I get to spend with the kiddos when I am not working. The concentrated amount of time on weekends is worth its weight in gold to me. Recently, I have been working at least 3 hours on any given weekend. This throws a major wrench in my theory of spending as much time as I can with The Boy and The Girl (The Husband, too), making memories. Keep repeating quality of time, not quantity of time. All in all, I think we do a pretty good job. We watched a softball game, went to the zoo and baked cookies this weekend. Not too shabby.

The Boy loves to bake cookies. I think this is due to the fact that he likes to eat the ingredients as we make the cookies. Last night we made oatmeal raisin cookies. The Husband's favorite. We made them after dinner. The Boy took a bath while they were cooking. I put The Girl to bed, cleaned the kitchen, etc., etc. By this time the cookies were out of the oven and cool enough to eat. I handed The Boy a cookie on the smaller side. I have to say, it wasn't perfectly round. Boy, did he notice. He told me he didn't want to eat half a cookie, he wanted the whole one. The one on the right is the whole cookie.


No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google