Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

The family is getting ready to embark on a cross country journey to California. We are flying with two children under the age of five. Yikes! The Boy couldn't be more excited. He gets to fly on a plane and see the old people (that is what he calls his great grandparents). We leave in a few days and although I have made lists and been shopping, etc. I still feel unprepared. It must be all the anxiety of flying with a baby. I really am not that worried about The Boy. He can entertain himself a lot of the time. The Girl, however is in that stage where she has to be in constant motion. She isn't crawling yet, but will be any day. I can't really imagine what it is going to be like with her on my lap for four hours.

In preparation for our trip, The Boy has been reading and or watching anything to do with the ocean. We are headed to Northern California. For those of you that don't know, the Pacific Ocean is cold. I learned the hard way on my first trip thanks to The Husband. The Boy still thinks it is going to be okay for him to get in the water. I guess we will let him try it once. He watched to episodes of "The Magic School Bus" yesterday, one on mussels and the other on the corral reef. He has been reading his puzzle book about ocean animals. He keeps talking about sand castles and seashells. It is going to be an adventure.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Have fun! I can't wait to hear what the Boy thinks of the adventure. Good luck with the Girl. I'm sure it will be fine for her and exhausting for you!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google