Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I KNOW You Know

There is a time in every kid's life where they figure out what it means to be independent. We have already dealt with the "I can do it myself" syndrome at our house for The Boy. I know The Girl is rapidly approaching this stage. She already seems to think she can put her socks on by herself. Before you think, wow that is advanced, understand that for her putting on her socks means laying them on her feet. She is very proud after she does this, but gets even more excited when we finish the job.

With The Boy, we have moved on from the "I can do it myself" stage to the "Mama, did you know that I know..." stage. Every single conversation we have lately seems to start like this...

The Boy: Mama, can I tell you something?
Mama: Yes, sweetie, you can tell me anything.
The Boy: Let me whisper it in your ear.
Mama: You don't have to whisper it, not everything is a secret.
The Boy: Please, let me whisper it.
Mama: Okay (wincing because the whisper will not be a whisper and sometimes includes accidental spitting in the ear).
The Boy: Did you know I know...

And then the conversation starts over again with a different topic. Most of the time he is telling me that he knows what the small intestine does, or what a word means...but every now and then what he knows has to do with poop. Boys, I have found, in general, like to talk about poop and more specifically their own poop. I can't wait until The Girl starts talking in sentences.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

My girl is definitely less obsessed with poop, farts, burps, etc. Luke totally thinks fart jokes are hilarious. Ugh- boys.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google