Sunday, November 15, 2009

Listening to the Oldies Station

It is official, The Husband and I are getting old. We now have a station programmed into our car radios called "Gen-X Radio." This station plays songs from our growin' up years. It is often found playing old Bon Jovi, Depeche Mode, the Fresh Prince, etc. We love it. Today it was fun to hear a little Snap..."I've Got the Power." It was gettin' a little hectic in the car. Then we realized the song is a million minutes long and changed the station to NPR. Over the last couple of weeks, The Boy has had to endure our singing to the songs on this station. It's fun, we sing at the top of our lungs and he rolls his eyes at us as if to say, 'How uncool are you two?'

Yesterday, I ran into the Kroger to get some mozzerella cheese for mini pizzas. When I came back out, The Husband was jamming to "Can't Touch This." Who doesn't like a little MC Hammer? So, naturally, I got in the car and started to jam out with him. We were both bouncing and singing and turning around in the car (we were still parked) to see the reaction of the kiddos. The Girl loves anything with a beat, so she was rockin' out too. The Boy on the other hand looked like he was dying. He was melting into his car seat, trying to escape the crazy parents in the front seat.

We started to pull out of the parking space and I turned back to look at The Boy again, while I still singing. He seemed to finally understand how awesome the song was. He was saying can't touch this over and over. Then, his face got real serious and he said to me, "there are things The Girl and I can't touch in our house...like the stove or the oven." I think he was really wondering what MC Hammer couldn't touch. It must be really hot.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

You two are soooo cooool!

Our kids just ask us to stop singing.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google