Monday, December 21, 2009

I Have Figured it Out

I have finally had an epiphany. The reason it has been so hard for me to get into the spirit this year has been because I don't see a lot of the spirit out there. Maybe I am not looking hard enough. I have avoided shopping this year because so many folks out there are too focused on giving the best, most significant gift to their son/daughter/mother/friend/partner/..... and unfortunately are rude to everyone around them in the process. I have to go out today to finish up some small tasks and I am dreading it with all my being.

I am struggling because I want to be sure I am teaching The Boy and The Girl the spirit behind giving and to sound cliche, the real Reason for the Season. They are no doubt enjoying the holidays. I am making the most of it for them. The Boy and I have talked about Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas for our family. The highlight of my week last week was finally purchasing a nativity set for the family. My face light up as The Boy shouted, 'Look Momma, it is the Angel of the Lord." I guess they are getting it. The Girl likes to carry Baby Jesus around in her mouth. I will take it anyway I can get it.

How blessed we are to have the miracle of Christmas. Whether you believe or not, I hope each and everyone reading this (the few of you out there anyway), remembers that it is not what you get, but what you give (and I'm not talking presents.) Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google