Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Milestone

The Boy at 2 Years Old

My baby Boy turns FIVE YEARS OLD this week. I can't believe it. I have a little man running around. The first light of my life is turning five! I can't imagine him getting any older. He already acts like a 14 year old most days. I keep telling myself to savor his cuddles. He may end up cuddling for the rest of his life, but I believe it will wane before I know it.
Last night, The Boy was having a bad dream. I went in to comfort him and he said, "Momma, I am so glad it is you, I love you, will you lay with me?" I cuddled up next to him and he went back to sleep instantly. Looking so peaceful, he reached for my hand and mumbled something and all I could think was you used to be in my belly. I used to be able to nuzzle you to my chest and smell your little baby soft head. Now, you are so big. You are so tall. You are so smart. You are so funny. I have a hard time believing you were ever so small. I love you little man!


3 comments:

Theresa said...

*sniffle*

Mel said...

Really, thanks for the tears today! Happy Birthday Boy!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to him!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google