Tuesday, February 2, 2010

4 Year Check Up Lingers

Today I took The Boy in for his 5-year check up. Can I just say, I don't think he will ever forget his four-year check up. Four shots, finger stick and peeing in a cup, major trauma. Every time we have been to the doctor's office since last year, The Boy has made sure to tell me that he doesn't get anymore shots until he is 11 years old.

I really thought that today would be better. No shots, just peeing in a cup. Lo and behold, a finger prick was part of the protocol. As soon as the doctor mentioned it, The Boy lost it. It took us a good 30 minutes to get him calm and restrained enough to prick his finger. After being pricked, he said, "You're right, it doesn't really hurt." Stinker!!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Four years old SUCKS! That is seriously the worse, but Evie handled it better than Luke. Kisses and hugs to the birthday boy!

Theresa said...

I hate the four year check up. It is the worst!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google