Thursday, February 18, 2010

Whirlwind of a Month

This month has been super busy for our little familia. With the continuing travel for The Husband's new job, travel for me, piano lessons, birthday parties, work, work and more work, it is amazing that we have spent any time together at all. While I am seriously done with snow for the year, it has been a bit of a blessing because I have gotten to spend some quality time with the kiddos. Our city shuts down at the mere inkling of snow. So far this year, I have had four snow days that I can remember, all filled with cuddles and naps and tickle fests.

The first time The Girl went out in the snow, she was a little weary, this last time, she wanted to stay out in it forever. Snow angels were made, snowballs were thrown, a good time was had by all. She got particular pleasure out of walking through the 9 inches. I guess she liked the crunchiness. I think The Boy would have stayed out in the freezing temperatures forever, but the prospect of hot chocolate helped to reign him in without issue. He got to build his first snow man last week. He was so proud. And, because we haven't had above freezing temps until today, the snowman is still standing although various forms of wildlife have taken off with the carrot nose and the Twizzler mouth.

I was away this weekend for a conference in Boston. The trip was most enjoyable even though it was for work. I spent Valentine's Day on a plane. I don't really buy into all the hype for the big V day. I think The Husband is probably thankful for that. I don't really need one day a year to remember that I am loved or vice versa. I truly think everyday should be Valentine's Day in a way (hey, I am Dr. Suess). I would be lying if I didn't say it wasn't nice to walk into this when I arrived home on Sunday night.

The Husband cut out all the hearts and wrote things from our 11 years together that make him smile. You know, the little inside jokes and fun memories that have been made. They were everywhere. He accompanied the hearts with a heartfelt (pun intended) letter and a homemade card from the kiddos. I tell you what, that is much better than a dozen roses in my book!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

That is too freakin' sweet! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google