Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Deep Thoughts

Every so often, I turn to look at The Boy and he is in serious deep thought. Last night was one of those nights. The kids and I were having dinner and The Boy was quieter than usual.

Momma: Whatcha thinking about?
The Boy: Did you know that one day, my great Grandma and Grandpa will be in Heaven?
Momma: Why do you think that?
The Boy: They will die one day, right?
Momma: Yes, buddy, everyone dies one day, when God decides it's time.
The Boy: They will like it in Heaven because God and Jesus are there. Well, God is everywhere, but he lives in Heaven.
Momma: That's true.
I decided to keep the conversation going because I don't want my kids to be fearful of death, boy am I glad I did.
Momma: Heaven will be a nice place.
The Boy: Why?
Momma: Because, you never get sad or hungry and you never feel pain.
The Boy: That's because God has lots of Neosporin and Band-Aids. Plus, if you fall down, you won't get hurt because you will fall on all the clouds.

Oh, the thoughts of children. Gotta love that childlike faith.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Love it! Bless his heart!

Anonymous said...

I really like the cloud comment.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google