Friday, April 20, 2007

Cut the Cord

I am entering a new era in my family life...the era of hiring a babysitter. I try to tell myself that I am not really freaked out about it, but I am. I am going to leave my little one with a "stranger!" Okay, so she isn't a stranger to me, I have worked with her for six months and I trust her to do a good job, but I am still rattled. Why?

My husband and I made the move back to the Bluegrass State to be closer to family and friends so I wouldn't have to worry about things like this, but the time has come where no family or close friends can watch the Boy while the grown ups go out and have some typical adult fun. I guess that is what happens when you are hanging out with the friends and the grandparents aren't retired.

Last night, I spent some time with my husband rationalizing why we didn't need to go out. We can do it next time or I want to spend more time with the boy who will, by the way, be in bed the majority of the time we will be out. Husband told me we have to do this sometime, why not now? I don't know why not now, I have no good, logical reason why we can't do this tomorrow night. Do you?

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google