Monday, April 23, 2007

For the Love of the Game

The weekends go by so quick. I hate remembering that I have work again. This weekend was a good weekend. The babysitter worked out, Nicholas was practically pushing us out the door when 7 PM rolled around. And, we had a good time with our friends eating dinner out and playing games (we are wild, let me tell ya!).

The game we played is a little game called "Time's Up." It is very fun and potentially hilarious. You have to get your team members to identify a person (fictional or otherwise) without saying his/her name. We divided our group up into women versus men. I will admit that the men beat us this time, but sometimes I think they have a bit of an unfair advantage. That advantage is knowing the wonderful world of sports.

In my vast experience interacting with men throughout my 30 years (brothers, boyfriends, relatives, etc.) I have found that for the most part, most men have an unending knowledge of sports related facts. Now I understand knowing somethings about something, but the knowledge I speak of here is uncanny. While playing this crazy game, the number of references to a sports figure, sporting event, jersey number, top ten list, etc. were uncountable. We are talking abstract things here, like what number Bobby Orr was on Sports Center's Top 100 athlete list upteen years ago. Where do they store this knowledge? How come they can remember what some random defensive tackle did 17 years ago at a inconsequential pre-season NFL game, but they can't remember what kind of tampons to get at the grocery store for a woman they have been with for 9 years? I just don't get it.

1 comment:

Caela Simmons Wood said...

YEAH! Times's Up. Rockin!!! Don't forget Lou Gherig. :-)

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google