Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Terrible Twos

Well, we had our first fall out on the floor, cry for a half hour tantrum last night. If someone had been walking past my open windows last night between 7 an 7:30 PM, they would have thought I was pinching the heck out of the boy. He was screaming at the top of his lungs the entire half hour.

What was the problem you might ask? I am not really sure...it was bath time, which he was excited about at first while driving back from the park. We were doing good until the point I turned the bath water on and started to take of his clothes. Then, major hysterics started. "I want my shirt back on Momma, not taking a bath." He screamed this phrase over and over. I did well, I remained calm, tried to talk him through it telling him he was dirty from playing and he needed to get clean. He replied, "I not dirty, I clean. I want my shirt!" Throughout this time period the boy was in various stages of being undressed and sprawled out on the bathroom floor.

I finally get him in the bathtub and he won't sit down. So, I wash him from head to toe while he is standing. He is screaming the whole time about his t-shirt. Who knew a t-shirt could be the impetus for such crazy behavior? Then, I took him out of the bathtub and just like that, the crying stopped immediately. I asked, "Are you okay now?" He said, "I'm good, new t-shirt please." He was just as sweet as can be. That was the end of the tantrum. Totally and completely random and without purpose. Husband missed the whole show due to teaching class. I almost videotaped it, but I thought that might give him a reason to keep doing it, so I didn't. I hope this was the only one we get to see, but I guess that is probably wishful thinking.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google