Monday, May 7, 2007

In a Crowd of 8 Year Olds

After many years of waiting, I was finally baptized this weekend. Woo Hoo! It was a great experience. While I have been a believer in Christ for many years, I never got baptized. Timing, comfort, etc. kept it from happening.

After a year of searching, the fam finally found a church that we were comfortable joining. One of the pre-requisites for joining was getting baptized, thus the leap into the baptismal pool. Husband had already been baptized, not me. I don't know why I had been so reluctant. I guess I just didn't really see why I had to do it. If I believe in God, His Son and told people that, why did I need to be submerged in a body of water? I also suffered from the delusion that it would mean so much more if I were out in nature when it happened, like in the old movies. But, it doesn't matter where, I guess. I did it and I am happy I did.

So, what's with the title of this post? Well, there were approximately 10 people getting baptized on the same day as me. We all had to make a video telling our story. Let me just say I was the only one that didn't talk about my life being different because I don't fight with my siblings anymore. Yes, folks, everyone who got baptized with me wasunder the age of 10 years. I got to go first though, so kudos for age. And, I guess for me, it means more now than it would have even 5 years ago. I didn't think I would feel any different, but I do a little. And, a little tip for those of you who might be thinking of going under, the baptismal pool is warm!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, Jess. Congratulations. I can't believe you didn't tell me.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google