Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tweet, Tweet

Young children are amazingly innocent. I love the fact that to the Boy, everything is amazing. It truly makes you see things in a different light and for me, that is so refreshing.

Every night, when Kentucky weather cooperates, the fam takes a walk around the neighborhood. Last night upon returning to our house, we spotted a robin's eggshell on the drive way. The first thing Husband and I thought...a baby bird died. But upon further investigation, the babies had just hatched. We could hear their little tweets coming from a nest behind a shutter on the front on the house.

We showed the Boy the shell and had him listen to the birds, he was absolutely amazed. We went into the house and the Boy said, "Where the baby birds go? I want to see them."

I took him back out to the front of the house, showed him the nest, let him listen so more. He then asked where the mommy bird was and if he could hold the babies. I explained that the babies were too small to be touched. He then wanted to kiss the baby birds. The birds then stopped chirping and The Boy concluded they had gone to sleep.

The whole discussion was so sweet and full of excitement. I don't remember the last time I felt like he must have felt to experience something new. I guess it must have been when The Boy was born for me. I love living in his world, if only we could all react to things with as much enthusiasm, compassion and ah as a two-year old does. Wouldn't that be a wonderful world?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Keep writing. I look forward to reading your posts every day even when I don't comment.

The world through a young one's eyes really is amazing.....

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google