Thursday, August 9, 2007

Boys Will Be Boys

The Boy has become increasingly aware of the noises his body makes, especially when he expels gas. I may be sexist, but I really think this is a trait that happens to boys more than girls. I was the biggest tomboy in the world when I was growing up, but I still had the sense not to talk about tooting, burping and boogers. Since my son turned two, that has all changed for me now . Bodily functions are now a part of my daily conversations. Maybe I have brought too much light to the fact that the Boy makes these noises. I started a while ago asking him to say excuse me when these things happen or to get a tissue instead of using his finger...I don't know when it all started being hilarious. I am thinking that my time away from the Boys in my life is spent in lectures about how to be gross. I should ask the Husband about that.

Don't get me wrong, I know everyone toots, burps, has boogers etc. etc. But the Boy is a jokster and his joking has become about these things. This morning serves as the perfect example.

The Boy toots....
The Boy: What was that noise?
Momma: What do you think that noise was?
The Boy: I have a drum in my bottom.

I do have to say I laughed...now I worry that as time passes, my laughs will turn into acceptance. It was still funny though. It doesn't end there, I have many more stories illuminating that yes son, you do have gas sometimes and you do have a booger in your nose sometimes. While I find some things humorous, I still try to keep the focus on the "proper" way to deal with these isssues. That is what I hope sticks or my son will never date, get married or have kids to laugh with like I do.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google