Friday, August 3, 2007

Daddy Nose Best

I had to work late last night. I took a little break between 6 PM and 8 PM and went to the zoo's twilight hours with the Boys and some friends. We had a good time even though it was crazy hot last night. Well, more crazy humid, than crazy hot, but it was still toasty. The Husband dropped me off back at work, which is only a few miles from the zoo, and took the Boy home for bed. As I was heading home at 11 PM, I called to let the Husband know I was on my way. This is the conversation:

Me: I am on my way home.
Husband: Okay.
Me: How did the Boy do going to sleep tonight.
Husband: He did okay, it was interesting.
Me: What happened to make it interesting?
Husband: I will wait until you get home to tell you about it.
Me: Why, what happened?
Husband: I will tell you when you get home. You need to be home for me to tell you.
Me: Okay, I guess I see you when I get home.

The entire way home, I am wondering what in the world happened. Not a good thought when I am getting ready to be away for six nights.

In only takes about 10 minutes to get home thankfully. I walk through the door, sit bags on the kitchen counter and see a tiny piece of green paper and tweezers on the counter. I ask, "What are the tweezers for?" as I am throwing the green paper away.

Here's the story...the Husband put the very tired Boy to bed while he still has the free train ride sticker from the zoo on his person. The Boy gets out of bed a few minutes later and tells Daddy that there is something in his nose. Daddy get a tissue , but soon finds out that it is not something that you need a tissue for kinda problem. As soon as Daddy hears the Boy breathe he realizes it is not a normal problem. Daddy puts the Boy in his lap and looks into his nose. The Boy had torn the green sticker, rolled it up and pushed it up into his nose so far that Daddy had to use tweezers to get it out. Why do I have a feeling that this is just the beginning?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Sounds like my little brother when he was wee little. First there was the incident with the piece of chalk in his nose. Then the pencil eraser in his ear (that one earned a trip to L'hopital)..Yeah little boys keep mommies and daddies on their toes!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google