Monday, November 26, 2007

The Mystery of Technology

We are in the age of technology. Gadgets, Ipods, Crackberries...etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, I love my cell phone, but I am not really into it as much as other folks often are. I am slightly behind the times, I just got a pink Razor. I love it, it is mine, but it has the basic features...nothing overly cool, not even text messaging. I don't text. My parents have had cell phones for about a year now. They both text, just each other, like crazy. I think it is funny. I don't know why, I just do. Despite the fact that they text and take pictures and use the cell phone for lots of different things, my mother still hasn't gotten the concept of voicemail. On Friday of the holiday weekend, I received another voicemail from my mother where it sounds like she is miraculously hoping I will talk back to her while she is leaving a voicemail.

Mom: Ummm, it's just me, I was wondering, could you tell me what time you want us to come up on Saturday? LONG PAUSE Well, okay, I guess you should just call me back.

Yes, I will have to call you back because, I can't hear your question until I call my voicemail box, enter my password and listen to your message. That's how it works. It makes me smile every single time it happens.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google