Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Hear the Secrets That You Keep. . .

I am not sure how many of you out there have preschoolers who talk in their sleep, but The Husband and I have recently found out that The Boy will carry on whole conversations in his sleep whether or not there is someone else to talk to at the time. This has become more and more prevelant over the last few weeks. I don't know if it is something that happens close to the 3rd birthday or what, but it is awfully funny for us.

Three nights ago, The Boy had a bad dream and landed in our bed at about 2:30 AM. All was peaceful until about 5:30 when the Boy starts shuffling around. He wacks me in the head as he is rolling over to cuddle with The Husband. All of the sudden out of nowhere The Boy shouts, "I have all the cards. I can't get rid of them. Oh, oh, UNO!" Then complete silence for another hour or so. The Husband and I, still in a slumbering state, both kind of chuckled and then rolled over to reenter sleeping bliss.

When asked about the UNO utterance, The Boy remembered that he was playing with Momma and Daddy in his dream. Other things he is not so apt to remember. Take last night for example. Prior to retiring myself, I check on The Boy to make sure he is under the covers. The Husband likes to keep us on ice at night, so it is a necessary to be covered completely. So, I bent over to kiss my precious angel and he starts smacking his lips, I had a brief breastfeeding flashback, and then watched as The Boy started wriggling around. He started mumbling and I finally make out, "Need some water. I am thirsty." So, I ask if he needs to go to the bathroom and with his eyes completely closed, The Boy stands up in his bed. I pick him up and carry him to the bathroom, hold him up while he pees and then tell him I will get him some water. The Boy then starts saying, "Okay, okay, okay..." I put a little water in the dixie cup in the bathroom and move it toward him. "Here is your water, pumpkin." He returns with, "NO, I don't want any water, it is yucky. I don't want it, I don't want it." I put the cup down and carry The Boy back to his bed. He rolls over, says, "It was an elephant." and is silent.

I'd like to know what goes on in that little head sometimes.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google