Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Is There a Secret School for This Stuff?

I, as you know, am the mom of a boy. Now, my boy is sweet and loving and compassionate. He likes to cuddle and sing at the top of his lungs, but day by day, I see him morphing into a true, hardcore boy and it makes me wonder if he will turn into a full fledged B-O-Y without the aforementioned qualities. I really hope not, but the signs are becoming more clear that he is on his way.

How do I know this is happening? It is the little things. Like passing gas in any form and laughing with the sounds of pride hidden in the giggles. Another sign is not being able to keep from touching mud, dirt or total grossness on the ground as he walks by. One more boy trait, random noise making. I don't really get this one, but now The Boy will walk around just making up weird noises with his mouth. The louder the better. These things mentioned above have been happening for awhile. Spit is the new boy phenomenon that has entered our house.

SPIT...yuck. Even the word brings about a cringe in my body. The Boy has become well aware of the capacity of his spit. For those of you who don't know, spit makes a lot of noise. It can be slurped. You can play a distance game with it. You can change its consistency. The options are endless. I have been out of town for a few days and can't help but wonder if he was taken to Boy lessons somewhere that taught him all the different ways you can drive Mom crazy with your spit. Boy school exists, I am sure of it.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google