Friday, June 20, 2008

The Great Outdoors

The Boy has become increasingly interested in camping over the last few weeks. I believe we would have made plans to go this season as a family, but since I am with child, I decided it wouldn't be the most fun thing for me and my girth. Plus with the frequent trips to the bathroom at this stage, the great outdoors didn't seem so fun.

While The Boy didn't really know about our plans to try out a family camping trip, he is still very interested in the whole concept. Because of this interest we decided to have a "camp out" in the backyard. Provided the weather holds out this weekend, my boys (and me for a little while) will be shacking up in a tent in the backyard with sleeping bags and lanterns and bug spray and maybe smores.

I was sharing this idea with The Boy last night at bedtime. He in turn shared with me his knowledge of camping. He knows all about tents and sleeping bags. The interesting thing is that he told me all camping trips have to have marshmallows. Not too much of a stretch for a 3 year old. The surprising thing was he described in detail how to cook the marshmallows. Every detail, including the fact that you should pick sticks that are still green with which to cook the marshmallow. How does he know that?

Pray for a clear night!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hey, hey! Love the blog! I have one too, but I'm terrible at updating it. I love pictures of The Boy in his new room. I bet he is getting so excited about the baby. I can't believe he's riding a bicycle! We haven't moved Luke up off the tricycle yet. I guess we better get a move on. Hopefully, J will share our good news with you soon, if he hasn't already. We're excited that Baby will have a friend sometime around December. Now we'll just have to come visit sometime. Love you guys!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google