Thursday, September 4, 2008

Settling In

I guess there is a reason why new moms don't remember the first week of a baby's life all that clearly...I had truly forgotten how hard it was with The Boy. Absence of memory makes it so you will do it again without hesitation. Little Lorelai is an angel, but between nursing and the baby blues and just being tired...it is hard. Totally worth it, but hard.

The Boy is hanging in there like a trooper. He is working hard to adjust sharing his time with Momma and Daddy. I have been trying really hard to be the one to go through his nighttime ritual with him and so far, The Girl has allowed for that to happen. He is super sweet to his baby sister. Everyone keeps telling us to watch out for him though, apparently preschoolers can be a little passive aggressive with younger siblings. We haven't seen it yet, but maybe it is only a matter of time. I am hoping to be able to balance time with the both of them so that neither one feels neglected. It is hard to see how that is going to work for the first month, but all you can do it try right?

The Husband and I have had conversations about how women have gotten the short end of the stick in some ways. He says they haven't, after all we get the experience of carrying the baby, nursing and that maternal bond thing he doesn't understand. The unfair thing is we also get childbirth pains, baby blues, hot flashes, nursing all hours leading to sore nipples and lack of sleep. Those things were supposed to be our "plight" because of Adam and Eve. Adam got to toil in work and Eve got childbirth, etc. All I have to say is my husband doesn't "toil" in his work like in the Old Testament and nowadays, I work too. Where is the fairness in that? I guess Eve did eat the apple, but Adam knew to stop her.

Here is a little picture of The Boy with The Girl. Sore nipples await.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

So sweet!!!!! You guys look great! I can't wait for more pics of The Girl. I totally agree about the plight. Women are totally under appreciated. Here, men actually think that maternity leave is a paid 6-week vacation. If they consider maternity leave a vacation, I challenge them to push a baby out and spend the next 6 weeks healing and getting the baby adjusted to being outside the womb.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google