Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Whirlwind of Days

The last few weeks have flown by at an unprecedented speed. I don't know if it is because we have been super busy or because after you turn thirty, time goes faster. I truly believe that is what happens...you hit thirty and time goes by at least twice as fast.


Two weeks ago, we were hit by the crazy ice storm. That knocked us out of school and work for the entire week. Thankfully we were only without power for 8 hours. Some folks were out for 12 days. We were very blessed. During the crazy weather, The Boy celebrated his fourth birthday and let me just say he was devastated that we were not able to have a party at his school. We had a make up party last week, but it just isn't the same as celebrating on your actual day. The weekend of his birthday we took him and a friend bowling. This was the first time either of the kids had been. They had so much fun. The Boy loved it. Next is birthday number 5...I really have to think of something fun for that one. All the kids The Boy goes to school with have huge birthday parties every year. I mean full out inflatables and magicians and 40 people in attendance. Hopefully my kids don't look back on their childhood with disdain because we didn't give them a $1000 party every year.

The ice storm was a nice, albeit cold, break for the tasks of everyday life. I love getting to spend so much time with the kids. I was kind of sad to have to take them back to daycare and school, but the show must go on. The Girl has hit a couple of milestones in the last few weeks. She is eating solids. She has had cereal and sweet potatoes at this point. I am trying my hardest to make my own baby food this go round and it is so much cheaper so far, not to mention I know what is in the stuff. She is sitting up all by herself and she has teeth coming in...I expect them to erupt any day now. I love being a mom!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

You're such a great mom! I'm impressed with the bowling. I've been waiting on that one. I think you are taking the right approach regarding birthdays. I'd like to do something similar.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google