Monday, June 1, 2009

Back to Reality

The family made it to and back from our cross country journey without a hitch. I will say that it was very hard to get up for work this morning. I cannot believe the time went by so fast. But the first family vacation was awesome and I am looking forward to the next one. We will start planning now!

The Boy had such a great time. he changes his mind time and time again regarding his favorite part of the trip. He loved train town. He loved the beach. He loved meeting his great grandparents. He loved staying in a hotel one night. He loved seeing San Francisco. Let's just say he loved it.

The Girl had a big week too. She finally crawled. She said her first word, "up", and she pulled herself up to a standing position. Whew, lots of milestones out of the way. The first thing we did when we got home on Sunday was baby proof the basement. She is on the move folks.

For me, I think I have finally realized that vacation is supposed to be vacation. When you have kids that have to have naps and down time, it is virtually impossible to go, go, go. This vacation was exactly what I needed to see that you don't have to see everything and do everything all day long to get the full effect. It is great to lounge and rest and just be. The vacation was fabulous, I was relaxed. I didn't check my work email once. It was Fab-U-lous.

Pictures from our trip are to the side!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh goodness! Good for you all. I'm glad the vacation was relaxing. I hate vacations where you go, go, go; you end up more tired than when you left. I love the slideshow. My favorite picture is the bath pic. They look so adorable. I can't wait to get to the beach too. I need to put that on my to do list. Much love to you all.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google