Thursday, June 3, 2010

Staying Home - Week One

The first week as a stay at home mom has gone by quickly. Granted, day one was Memorial Day and The Husband was home. I tried on Monday to work the schedule as I would if he were off at work, his day free of giggles and screams; mine full of dirty hands and art projects gone awry.

It is funny, when I was a teen and even into my early twenties, I wasn't even sure I would ever want to have children. Now, here I am blessed twice over and I have given up my career to stay at home, filling my days with child-like play and raspberries on tummies. The Boy is so ecstatic that I am home with him. He wants to stay busy every minute of the day. So, I have planned them weeks for his enjoyment. The great thing is that The Girl has jumped on board. We have mini-preschool every morning. Since The Boy is WAY beyond learning his letter, I am sure to plan something special for him to do in the afternoon while The Girl naps.

While I don't miss working "yet," I now have a better understanding of how hard stay at home moms work (I have worked harder this week than I did most weeks at any job I have EVER had, and I am sure it is just the tip of the iceberg) and of how blessed we were to have had a daycare/preschool that took such good care of our children while I was working. If you have a childcare provider, give them a little extra treat this week, they deserve it!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wow! It sounds like a wonderful job. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. Kisses and hugs to everyone!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google