Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Kindergarten Is Here


The Boy started Kindergarten this week. The Girl has decided that it is time for her to be potty trained. They grow up so fast and often on their own time schedule. This week has been a sort of evolution of emotions for me. I cannot believe my Little Girl is old enough to be out of diapers, let alone that my Baby Boy is old enough to be a kindergartner.

This summer was one of freedom for me and it went by way too fast. I was just getting used to staying at home and everything has gone and changed on me again. I also didn't think that I would struggle so much with The Boy's journey into elementary school. Up until this summer, he has been in the care of someone else on a daily basis because I worked. How is him going to school all day any different?

All I can say is that I miss him more than I ever thought I would. He is already changing. I am all about gaining independence, but I still like the thought of him wanting to hold my hand and kiss me goodbye. I have a feeling those days may be close to disappearing. I now have to adjust to spending my day with a little one who talks, but often in code and often to her babies and not to me. I wait for 3:45 to come around so I can have a two sided conversation with a five year old. Boy, I need a hobby.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

That is a very funny post! Ah, motherhood. It's a wonder.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google