Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Monkey See, Monkey Do


My husband has a strange habit that drives me absolutely crazy. At this point, I think he does it more to annoy me than out of habit, but I'm not sure. Every now and then while eating dinner, Husband will end up with a speck of food, usually a condiment, somewhere on his face. Not a big deal, it happens to the best of us, right? I kindly tell him, "Honey you have something on your face, right there." (imagine me pointing to the vicinity of the spillage)

It doesn't matter what the food or condiment is, ever time, instead of using a napkin, my husband will try to get the illusive mess off by using his tongue. I know, it is disgusting, but he does it EVERY time. Not too long ago I shared with my beloved that I did not want the Boy to pick up this habit. My husband assured me that the Boy wasn't even paying attention when he did things like that. Every mother out there shares my feeling that children see EVERYTHING, even when you think they are NOT watching. But, being the good wife, I again let the topic go.

Enter BBQ chicken night. The fam was dining on a lovely meal of BBQ chicken. I look over at the Boy and he has BBQ sauce all over his face. I say, "Sweetie, you have BBQ sauce on your face." What does he do? He tries to get it off using his tongue. I guess that is what happens when he is not watching.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This story is a little one sided and does not tell the entire story, so please read it with caution. My husband did the same thing for the longest time, until I realized that it was not a habit to annoy me, but rather it was an act of efficiency. Generally, I would tell my husband of the condiment on his fact well after the fact of dinner, which ultimately meant that said condiment would be dried. So, instead of scraping at the speck to get it off, he would wet it first with the moisture of his tounge and then simply wipe it away. It sounds like your husband was simply doing the same thing. I have even noticed myself doing this now and it is really efficient. I would say your son is learning sound habits.

Heather said...

This was hilarious! I was sitting at my desk laughing so hard because I can totally see Jason doing this...and doing this every single time you tell him he has something on his face!!!

Caela Simmons Wood said...

Wow. That would be a LOT to lick off with his little tounge. Cute pic, though!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google