Monday, June 11, 2007

A Day of the Blahs

It is only 8:55 AM and I have already fallen into a blah day. What is a blah day to me? Well, Mondays are often blah days. It is a day where you don't feel like doing anything and are in a general grumpy mood. This Monday is especially blah as I was cheated out of my Sunday due to work. I have been granted the fun duty of taking over the orientation program for the University. While the students I work with are fantastic, I would have much rather spent my weekend day at home with my boys.

If you aren't ready to spent some time with a person about to complain, stop reading now. Okay, didn't say I don't warn you. Reasons why I am having a day of the blahs:

1. I had to work on a Sunday...the day of rest...I didn't get to go to church, something that often restores my energy.
2. My husband's birthday was yesterday and I didn't get to spend the day spoiling him.
3. My stomach has been hurting for a week now. I am not sure what the problem is. According to WebMD.com it could be indigestion, a peptic ulcer or a symptom of anxiety. I need to quit going to that site every time I feel an ailment coming on, it doesn't help with anxiety.
4. I have had trouble finding a good book to read as of late. So, my mind is on melt down. Help me please!
5. It is a beautiful day and I am stuck in an office with a window that looks out to the roof of the building with its air condition units and fans and emits an obnoxious fried chicken smell (there is a cafe below me) so I can't open the window.

Okay, now that is out of my system, let's focus on thoughts that should get me out of the blahs....hmmm....
1. The Boy invited me to go to school with him today instead of to work. I think I could handle a day of water play and finger painting.
2. My husband didn't seem upset by the fact that I had to spend all day, on his birthday, at work. Plus he stopped to get me ginger ale and pepto for my upset tummy. He is too sweet to me.
3. My husband also spackled and sanded our bathroom because I had mentioned in passing to someone else that it was a disaster and that I wanted to paint it. That was Saturday. I came home yesterday (his B-day)and he had prepped it for paint. Now all I have to do is pick the color.
4. In the words of Blessid Union of Soul..."I'm Just Lucky to Be Here"

Despite all the griping (I feel better now thanks), I am lucky. I am loved. I am happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try: Mockingbird (the autobiography of Harper Lee)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...I got addicted to Webmd for a while too. At one point I actually thought I had this rare debilitating disease because I had two white eyelashes on my right eye. That site almost turned me into a hypochondriac...baaaaadd webmd. (I know, I'm still wierd :). Marriage hasn't cured that yet)

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google