Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The Two Headed Monster

We have reached the time in The Boy's short life where he is heavily pushing his independence. Anytime I ask if I can help him do something, he replies with, "No, I can do it myself." It doesn't matter what the task is. This morning it was peeling a banana, yesterday it was taking his shoes off. The strange thing is that his independence wanes depending on his mood. This week he has been especially clingy with me. I have to accompany him every where. I have to give him a bath. He wants to sit on my lap when he eats at the dinner table. Keep in mind that he still exhibits independence while I am with him, but I must be the one to be with him. I often feel like he is two different children. Yesterday he said mommy so many times, I really needed a break and a name change.

On a different note, we took The Boy to Daddy's softball game last night. He had such a good time. He sat and watched the entire 5 innings (League rules account for the smaller number of innings.) The Boy was slightly upset when he wasn't allowed in the dugout or on the field. He wanted to play. He kept telling me that he could hit the ball too. It won't be long, I am sure, before we are watching him play.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google