Thursday, June 14, 2007

Making Friends

Last night I had the pleasure of spending some down time with other mommas. A friend and I talked a while back about starting a supper club. Yes, I know we aren't 60 year old grandmas hoping to play cards after we eat, although that has been discussed, but instead were hoping get to know other women.

So, it was decided that the founding members of the supper club (or suppa club as termed by the men in our life) would invite a woman whom the others didn't know well and we would spend an evening hanging out and eating. Our first one took place last night. I was very excited about the concept and was very excited that the conversation flowed well. You never know how things might come together when you bring two different facets of your life together. For me the two facets were my work life and my friends from college life. No explosions occurred so it's good.

As you may have gathered from a few of my previous musings, things for me have been a little hairly. I have been stressed out, etc. etc., but last night's get together totally put me at ease.

A few things that made me put things into perspective...

* Talking to other working moms validates my feelings of daycare, time spent with your kids, fears and making smart choices about teaching your kids life skills, etc.

* Family members provide humor and stress in our lives, but when you talk about it with other folks, it doesn't seem that bad.

* When you get a group of mom's together inevitably the conversation is going to turn to birth control, pregnancy or a child's bodily functions. What is more important in life that those things?

Suppa Club was a hit and I can't wait for it to happen next month.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google