Monday, April 14, 2008

The Spring Break Trauma

The Boy was on Spring Break last week. The Husband and I have realized after this week that our little one has turned into a full-fledged, rough and tumble boy. While he still remains sweet, he has gotten to the stage where he likes to run, jump, fall, and wrestle. A part of me was hoping that he would stay sweet and gentle forever. No such luck. I guess it had to happen sometime.

The week started off with a bang I guess you could say. I had to work on Sunday for a few hours. When I got home, this is the conversation I was met with as my son was taking a nap...

The Husband: So, don't freak out.
Me: About what?
The Husband: The Boy had a little accident.
Me: What happened?
The Husband: He was climbing from the back seat to the front seat of my car and his foot caught on the console. He fell face first into the arm of the car door.
Me: Is he okay?
The Husband: He cried a little, but told me he was crying because it scared him, not because it hurt.
Me: Okay.
The Husband: So, he has a little mark right under his eye.

I attempt to check the little mark out while The Boy is sleeping. Since his room is dark, it doesn't look so bad. When he wakes up, there is a ginormous black eye on my child's face. I look at The Husband.

Me: That isn't a "little" mark.

So, my child has his first black eye. It looks much better a week later, but the interesting thing about the whole ordeal is that The Boy is actually proud of his shiner. He likes to talk about it. I, however, have been getting judgemental stares from folks when out in public. Most folks chalk it up to being a boy, but I have gotten a few awful glares and even some intense questions from folks I don't know. Crazy.

I guess I should get used to it, two days after the black eye incident, The Boy injured his forehead and side of his face on the slide. Rough and tumble...that's him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you better keep a few bags of frozen peas in the fridge for the next few years!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google