Friday, October 17, 2008

The World's Largest Halloween Party

That is what our town calls Trick Or Treat through the zoo. I would say that it is a pretty big party, but probably not the world's largest. I am sure there are bigger out there. Last night we made the trek to the zoo so The Boy could do something he has been begging to do for weeks. I really think this is the hardest part of being a parent to more than one child, especially when child number two is an infant, the hard part being finding the time to make sure neither child is being slighted.


I have gone back and forth with things like the zoo excursion for weeks trying to determine if we could go with The Girl. I am still contemplating our trip to the pumpkin patch this weekend. My mind is filled with questions like is it too cold for her to be outside, where will I feed her, will she cry the whole time? On the flip side, The Boy looks forward to these things every year. He is looking forward to going to get pumpkins and I want him to have that experience and I want him to be able to do whatever we plan without having to say he can't because of his baby sister.



We will go to the pumpkin patch this weekend and we will take The Girl. She will become a part of a family tradition as she should. I have to learn how to check my self imposed guilt at the door. Parenting is hard and I should realize that if I am only worrying about this small thing, then we have it pretty good, right?

1 comment:

Theresa said...

We had the same experience with Luke and Evie. I took Luke to Boo at the Zoo right after Evie was born - maybe 5 weeks old or 6 weeks old. chuck was at a football game so I had my mom come with me. I stupidly took two strollers, but it was so insane with people that I could barely manuver them around. Then 15 minutes into our trick or treating, Evie got hungry and I was still nursing so there was nothing to do. The rest of the people we were with didn't have another child so they weren't held up like I was. I ended up going home after only 20 minutes. I don't think Luke was any worse for it. Hang in there. I often remind myself that Luke had me all to himself but Evie has always had to share me and my attention. The same will be true with the third - more children to divide your attention between.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google