Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Time to Get Up Buttercup

I have decided that the children in my house really aren't genetically linked to me. Both kiddos sleep just like there fathers. They fall asleep fairly fast when they are ready. They sleep hard and they wake up ready to talk and join in on the reindeer games. This morning 6 AM came early...at 5:30! The Girl woke up chatting away. As I lay there listening to her this is what I imagined her saying...

"Um, Hell-oooooooo?? I'm awake. I am in in here all by myself. I am ready for someone to come talk to me and pick me up. Can anyone hear me? I really am awake. Aren't you? Is anyone coming yet. HELL-OOOOOOOOOO? It is time to start the day. I am ready to get up and eat and I like having company for that. Get up, get up, get up, get up, get up. Hello?"

We are very fortunate that The Girl never cries. She just chatters, waiting patiently for my begrudging body to wrestle with the down comforter, realize it has to pee and then trudge into the nursery. It is all worth it when I get to her crib and she takes her hand out of her mouth and smiles and talks to me as if she were saying, "I just knew you wouldn't leave me hanging."

1 comment:

Theresa said...

What a good baby! I hope George is like that, but I'd rather he wakes up at 7:30 instead of 5:30.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google