Friday, December 12, 2008

Sing, Sing a Song

Well, we have 12 days until Christmas is finally here. I must say, I am not as into the spirit this year as I usually am. I am not Bah Humbuggy, just kind of blah about the whole thing. The only thing that is keeping me excited is The Boy's excitement for it all. To catch you up on our calendar...we have made snowflakes, watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the original) and had a few small gifts like a slinky and a really fun Santa Claus pen.

The big fun in our house right now is The Boy's enthusiasm for Christmas Carol singing. I love to sing and that is one thing that has rubbed off on The Boy. He sings for everything. He has a Christmas recital at school on Tuesday night and I couldn't be more excited for it. His teacher has told me that he is a great singer and he has been the loudest singer from his class. Not sure if loud is exactly what she is going for, but I'll take it.

The other night, we were in our room hanging out as The Husband changed from work clothes into home clothes and The Boy started singing in Latin. Then, he sang "Silent Night" in German. Apparently, he will be singing in Latin, German, Hebrew, Spanish and English at the recital on Tuesday. How amazing is that? On the way to school every morning, he asks to hear "Go Tell It on the Mountain" over and over again. HE SINGS IT SO LOUD!! I asked him why he is singing so loud and his response was "if you were singing on the mountain you would have to be really loud so everyone in the world could here you and I am pretending I am on the mountain. That is what the song says." He is right.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Multi-lingual?! You've got us beat!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google