Friday, January 2, 2009

Party Like 2009!

Okay, so I am definitely getting too old to party like I used to, but the thought of rockin' out for the New Year is something I aspire to do. I have this grand vision that one day, when the kids are old enough, The Husband and I will again be able to celebrate New Year's with the best of them. We made a valiant effort to at least stay up to watch the ball drop. We made it to 11:45 PM and then fell asleep on the couch missing the entire shabang. We were a sad site. I will say that I did drink half a beer in celebration prior to falling asleep, thus the reason for falling asleep I am sure. Woo Hoo!

It has been awhile since I posted. I wanted to spend as much quality time with the family as I could while we were all off from work and school. The Boy is still on Winter Break, but I am now back at work living it up. I dropped The Girl off at daycare this morning and she was not happy. It pains me to leave her when she is crying. She only cries maybe once a day, so I know she wasn't happy. Tomorrow starts the weekend thank goodness.

We had a great Christmas and a fairly relaxing holiday stretch. The Boy really enjoyed Christmas this year. He is full of such wonder. Santa brought him everything on his list and a few more items. I think, in total, we spent $500 on all of Christmas this year...for everyone, not just the kids. It is good to know that you can not go crazy and it will all work out. We plan on keeping it as simple as possible in future years. It is much easier on everyone involved.

I will leave you with a few tidbits from the break that came from The Boy...
Lyrics to Christmas Carols
"Oh how much fun it makes you rhyme in a one horse open sleigh!"
"On the third day of Christmas my true love sent to me three friendships, two turtle doves and a part of a pear tree."
When hearing have a cup of cheer in "Holly Jolly Christmas", The Boy indicated that you can't drink cheer...cheer means being happy.

General thoughts....
"Santa needs more cookies so he can share them with his elves."
After opening almost ever present..."This is what I wanted my whole life!"
"The Girl can't open her own presents even though she has opposable thumbs, so I will have to do it for her."
"Next year we will have two Christmas trees, one upstairs and one downstairs for me."
"Now that Christmas is over, it is my birthday month!"

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google