Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is There a Doctor Available?

The Girl has her first official illness. See if you can guess what it is. I will tell you the symptoms.

1. A clear runny nose

2. She coughs one or two times when she wakes up in the morning.


That's it...any ideas?


An ear infection is the answer. I was on my way home from a state conference yesterday and I got a call from The Girl's daycare. Her teacher said The Girl was fine, no fever, etc. She is just crying a little today. My daughter never really cries, so this was a bit strange for her. And, The Girl wants to be held all the time today. Again, not characteristic of her. I pick her up and call the doctor and they say sure go ahead bring her in, we will check her out.


I had her for about 1 1/2 before her appointment and she did not cry once. She did not want to be held all that much either. I take her to her appointment and she is laughing and cooing at the nurse. Her temperature was a cool 97.7. The doctor comes in asks all the standard questions...is she eating, yes; is she sleeping, yes; is she fussy, not for me; has she had a fever, no. He checks her out. Ding, ding, ding, infected right ear. This is a different doctor in the practice where we take the kiddos then the one The Boy saw earlier this week and I was still having a strange case of deja vu.


Doc: And she has been sleeping through the night?
Me: Yes, not a peep.
Doc: Wow, she must really have a high pain threshold.


Apparently when you mix my genes with The Husbands, you get children who don't feel pain.

No comments:

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google