Thursday, June 25, 2009

So Big

My 4 1/2 year old is so grown up. This morning The Husband and I woke to the soft cooing of The Girl as she hung out in the state between asleep and awake and realized it was 6:15 AM. My first thought was, wow this can't happen on the weekend? Then, I wondered where is The Boy. Much to my interest, he was in the Family room watching cartoons. He had gotten up, let us sleep and turned on the tv to "his" channel. He was as quiet as a mouse snuggled on the couch. It was so sweet and such a sign that he is no longer dependent. Bittersweet.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Good gracious. That sounds wonderful, but I would be worried about what the kids could get into when you're not watching. I'm terrified mine will get up and go in the backyard and fall in the pool when I'm not there to save them.

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google