Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Living It and Loving It

Can I just say I was skeptical? Skeptical that I would be able to stay home all day, everyday with the Kiddos without going crazy. Well, I know I am only a month in, but I am loving it and am feeling incredibly blessed that our family was able to do this. It has been such a treat and now that we are in a definite routine, it has worked out better than I expected it would. Now if this heat wave would break...yowsah it is hot.

Couple a things I have learned in my month as a non-"working" mom (as I have said before ALL moms work, location doesn't matter). . .

1. No One, and I mean NO ONE, grocery shops at 8:45 in the morning on a Wednesday...loving the 45 minute weekly shopping with the kiddos. I have never grocery shopped so fast. So excited about that.

2. The Kiddos eat A LOT! I mean A LOT. They are always hungry. I know that when they were at daycare and Preschool, they had set meal times, but they must have been able to eat as much as they requested at those times. It doesn't matter what is on the menu, they still want more. Oh, love this website by the way.... http://www.superhealthykids.com/

3. My kids really, really love each other. I knew this to be a truth prior to my leaving my job, but being able to see in every day never gets old. They hug and kiss each other. They share. They are sweet to each other. The teach each other. It is so nice. I know the day may come when they scream and slam doors at each other, but until then I will live in the sibling utopia that is our house.

4. It sucks not being about to go outside due to heat advisory warnings...damn global warming.

5. The Husband believes in women's lib and supports the working woman, but man does he like that the kids are happy, the house is clean, and that dinner is pretty much ready by 6 PM everyday without him having to fold laundry and cut veggies. I may need to rethink this one.

Do I miss work? No, but that had a lot to do with the job I was in when I decided to make the transition. I do miss interacting with other adult people on a daily basis. There are some days when I only talk to my 5 and 2 year olds. I know other moms that stay at home, but they don't seem to do play groups or outings. Maybe I can convince them. Goal #1 for next month.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

This is so fantastic! I don't know how you get everything done everyday. I don't think I could have dinner ready and the house clean by 6 p.m. everyday. Good job!

Christmas 2009

Google Search

Google